The North American Interfaith Network (NAIN) offers a unique opportunity to include younger representatives (ages 16-35) in a valuable interfaith encounter during the 2012 NAINConnect in Atlanta, Georgia. This scholarship recognizes young adults across the continent who are actively engaged in important work at the high school, college, graduate, and professional level.
If you are passionate about interfaith work, we welcome your energy and enthusiasm and encourage you to apply! You do not need to be part of a NAIN member organization to apply. Recipients are selected by the NAIN Young Adult Committee, according to the directives of the NAIN Board of Directors. See below for complete information about the application process and requirements.
Scholarship recipients will receive:
- A $500 stipend to help cover the cost of registration, housing, travel, and meals.
- A reduced registration fee of $125 for attendance at the summer Connect.
- The option of sharing a hotel room with another scholarship recipient. We encourage scholarship recipients to take advantage of this opportunity, which will enhance the Connect experience and save money.
Scholarship recipients are required to:
- Be actively engaged at the NAINConnect, attending the majority of the programming.
- Speak on a panel or participate in a workshop at some point during the Connect. More information will be provided to selected scholarship recipients.
- Write a brief reflective article on their experiences for NAINews.
- Applicants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult chaperone, or indicate upon applying that they would be attending the Connect unaccompanied so that a chaperone can be assigned accordingly. Applicants under the age of 18 will also need to complete a health and consent form prior to arrival at the conference.
Please send completed application forms, along with the essay, as a Word or PDF attachment to Karen Boyett at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard copies of the application will not be accepted.
All applications are due by Sunday, April 15, 2012 at 11:59 PM PST.